Sunday, October 27, 2013

Weekend Gardner


I know, I know… some of you feel overdosed on Martin Gardner by now… it's been a busy month of Martin Gardner memorials, between the release of his autobiography and this month's annual 'Celebration of Mind' gatherings. But I can't resist offering these two lengthy videotaped events that took place over the weekend remembering the man who inspired me to start this blog; one is a gathering at Princeton University and the other the next evening at the Museum of Mathematics in NY city, involving same speakers, including his son James:





And just a forewarning…: next year is the CENTENARY of Gardner's birth, so if you thought you heard a LOT about him this year, you ain't seen nuthin' yet!! Furthermore, a biographer is working on what will probably be the definitive biography of Gardner, and which I'm guessing may have a target date of next October.


No comments: