Saturday, April 13, 2013
A few sundry items for your artful attention and possible perusal ;-):
1) Lance Fortnow, computer scientist and author of "The Golden Ticket," (which I reviewed a bit ago), all about P vs. NP, is Sol Lederman's latest podcast guest at Wild About Math:
2) A nice little primer on the nature of real numbers and pi from physicist Matt Springer here:
3) An interesting-looking list here of 24 video lectures in number theory:
4) Just a heads-up that E.O. Wilson is scheduled to be on NPR's Sunday "Weekend Edition" (tomorrow). I assume there will be some discussion of his recent much-debated commentary asserting that scientists need not know advanced mathematics to be successful.
5) Finally, a site I only recently learned of called "Ideas Roadshow" which looks interesting and includes this recent 5-minute clip by philosopher James R. Brown on Platonism in mathematics: